Public safety body to look into Medical Plaza fire

COUNCILOR Reuben R. Daba, chair of the City Council committee on social services, expressed concern over the fire incident which occurred last December 3, 2017 at Polymedic Plaza at around 6:00 PM, which caused fear to some patients of the hospital.


In his special report during the City Council regular session Monday presided over by Vice Mayor Raineir Joaquin V. Uy, Councilor Daba said the fire started at the kitchen area located under the ramp where patients were trapped in the upper floor.


“Imagine ang trauma nga nahitabo sa ila nga dili sila kalakaw pero salamat sa Ginoo nga walay nadisgrasya pero hinaot unta nga ato na’ng matutokan gayud”, he stressed.


“Fire truck dili makasulod kay gamay ra ang entrance ug ang exit gatunga sa McDo so ang tendency dili makabalik og tuyok”, Councilor Daba reported.


For his part, Councilor Teodulfo Lao Jr. said the report of Councilor Daba intends to look into the possibility whether the establishment is complying with the provisions of the Building Code and what measure they have undertaken when there is a call of emergency.


“This involves public safety of their clients and the nearby residents in that area. The committee would look into a possible way whether the establishment is following the requirement as required by the City Building Official”, he stressed.


Vice Mayor Uy referred the report to the committee on police, fire and public safety chaired by Councilor Romeo Calizo for appropriate action. (JBD)